Thursday, June 15, 2006

So now what?

Well, I got the news yesterday that I passed that exam I took. So why do I feel even more confused now? Now that I have the certification, what do I do with it? Do I take it to my boss as of September and try to leverage a promotion out of him? Do I talk to the Quality Systems group about turning me into some sort of protégé since there doesn't seem to be anyplace to go in the Software Quality group?

And my active interviewing is over, for now anyway. I decided not to take the job for which I had been interviewing. It seemed pretty clear that they were going to make me an offer, but that job was just as dead-end as this one - probably moreso. So why would I take a pay cut for it? So I removed myself from consideration.

Plus, here I can still coach basketball in the winter. If I took the other job I might not be able to do that. And here I have the Tuesday golf league in the summer. That's a good thing.

Maybe I should just forget about certifications and new jobs for a while. I have a project to finish and 15 days to complete the testing. And I have a mere 8 days to the Pro Life Music Festival in Warsaw.

Speaking of which, I added 4 Sanctus Real songs. They will be playing in Warsaw next Saturday, so they're on my mind.

No comments: