Friday, May 05, 2006

Pride

Can you imagine just how fantastic relationships would be if we cared passionately about our beliefs but didn't care about being right all the time? I'm not sure how that could happen, but it sure would be nice.

What is it about pride that makes it so darn hard to put on a shelf? Particularly for us Christians. We talk about ways to battle lust. We talk about loving each other. We schedule time to study the Word. But all it takes is a simple conversation for our dander to get up and suddenly nothing else in the world matters except being right. It only seems to take about 5 minutes for "Really? Well we belive that..." to go to "... and that's what God really meant and if you don't believe that then I hope you like it in HELL!"

*sigh*

I think I'll add some Kutless to the music player today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But all it takes is a simple conversation for our dander to get up and suddenly nothing else in the world matters except being right."

I've totally been there, especially during conversations with my mother. ;)