Thursday, December 01, 2005

Basketball's 5 Lessons for Life

I coach basketball for the 7th and 8th grade boys at my daughter's parochial school.

I make a special point of mentioning "parochial" so that later when I admit I use the word "Jesus" in front of these kids, I won't get some self-absorbed, screwed-up, card-carrying ACLU freak calling local lawyers trying sue me.

Oh. sorry for the redundancy.

To my knowledge there are no ACLU types who aren't self-absorbed screwed-up freaks.

Anyhoo, each week I've been introducing a theme to the boys. A short, easy to remember phrase for the week. Then I yell at them to provoke them to yell the phrase back at me. Since I consider these little lessons to be even more important off the court than on, I figured I'd jot them down here. It would be a hoot if one of them were savvy enough to find this blog.

So, let the 5 basketball lessons for life begin...

No comments: