Friday, August 10, 2007

Summer in, Summer Out...

And there it goes.

OK, I know it's not even mid-August yet, but it's close enough. The kids only have one more week off before school starts. I have to admit, I'm really not looking forward to the whole drive a bazillion miles a week thing again.

Sooo.... let's see how the summer stacked up to my expectations:

- Baby

Hard to put this one off. Our little Caleb David was born on July 12. He was 6 pounds, 15 oz and 20.5" long. Little compared to the first two. We're still not getting any sleep.

- Phil and Christy's baby

They couldn't put theirs off any more than we could ours. Joelle showed up 2 days before Caleb. Caleb and Joelle are already betrothed.

- Paying off the minivan

I wish I could enjoy this, but the obscene jump in school tuition took all this money away. At least I don't have to pay both. *sigh*

- Paying off the last student loan

Don't think this one's gonna happen this year. Maybe next year.

- Golf

Much less than I hoped. I finally got my first 18 in yesterday. August 9. And not one outing with Phil. *depressed*

- My son in his first soccer season

This was kinda cool. The team wasn't very good, but that didn't matter much. Josh finally, in the last three games, seemed to get into it. We've got him signed up for the fall too.

- New CD from 12 Stones

Still officially waiting. Though my friendly neighborhood torrent site has eased that pain somewhat. And yes, I have paid for the CD. Pre-order. I'll get it next week, I think.

- Cool new music from other Christian artists, known and unknown

This didn't really pan out. TBR is still the newest artist. Since I can't get any Christian radio at work, I can't discover anyone new :(

- Turning 35

Another thing that couldn't be avoided. Oh well. It's still not 40.

- Travel to New York, California, and anywhere else they ship me

A couple of NY trips. Nowhere else. It could have been a lot worse.

- Dealing with unreasonable people

Like this is ever going to go away *roll eyes*

- Paying a bunch of money for 2 kids in private school

Urgh. This still gives me heartburn the middle of every month.

- Refinancing my house

Turns out, my calendar was off. My 5/1 ARM isn't up until next summer. Yay!



So there it is. My golf game was mediocre at best. I started some websites to host fan forums for This Beautiful Republic and Radial Angel, but I haven't put the time into them to make them anything special so they have just kind of floundered.

*sigh* And here's the annoying part. Lovely bride just stopped in to say "baby's asleep". This means we both need to drop everything we're doing and try to hurry up and get to sleep. Because we're not gonna get much so we'd better grab whatever we can.

So, off to dreamland for a few minutes. Hopefully something substantive later. Like my displeasure with the standard Christian views about Harry Potter...

No comments: